Honor has officially unveiled its new entry-level Honor Play 8A which completes the company’s smartphone range. This new device was very well known for some time and now it was unveiled two days earlier in China. There are no significant surprises regarding the technical data sheet. Ofcourse, It comes with Android Pie and you can get more from the above data sheet.
Honor Play 8A Specifications
- Screen : 6.09 “HD + (720 x 1.560 pixels) 19.5: 9 with drop notch
- CPU: MediaTek MT6765 Helio P35 octa-core Cortex-A53 up to 2.3 GHz
- GPU : PowerVR GE8320
- RAM : 3 GB
- Internal memory : 32/64 GB expandable (via microSD)
- Rear camera: 13-megapixel f / 1.8 with PDAF and LED flash
- Front camera : 8 megapixel f / 2.0 fixed focus
- Connectivity : Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD), LTE, VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS,
- GLONASS, USB C
- Dimensions : 156.28 x 73.5 x 8 mm
- Weight: 150 grams
- Battery: 3.020 mAh
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.0
- Other: no fingerprint reader, yes unlock by facial recognition
The new Honor Play 8A can count on a 6.09-inch HD + display with drop notch and on the SoC MediaTek P35. It offers similar performance to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 characterizing, therefore, as an excellent solution for the low end.
To complete the Honor 8A data sheet we will find 3 GB of RAM and 32/64 GB of expandable internal storage. The device has a 13 Megapixel rear camera with an aperture of f / 1.8 and an 8-megapixel front camera. The battery has a capacity of 3.020 mAh while the dimensions are equal to 156.28 × 73.5 × 8.0 mm. On the software side, the smartphone features Android Pie 9.0 with EMUI 9.0.
The new Honor Play 8A arrived in China market in four colors (Black, Blue, Gold, and Red) with a price of 799 Yuan, about $116, in the 3/32 GB version. At the moment there is no information on the price of the 64 GB version. Recall that Honor 7A arrived in India, last spring, with a list price of $79, the same low price with which it could debut in India.