You may be one of those who cares a lot of the SMS messages on your device. The SMS in your phone may contain some important passwords or information. How it would be if you lose all of them from a sudden device crash? It will be a big loss. So, it is always recommended to make a backup of your SMS.
This guide on How to backup SMS messages on android using a simple and powerful app called SMS Backup and Restore. Follow the simple steps given below to backup all your messages on your computer.
- How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Phones
- How to Backup Chat Messages in WhatsApp
- How to Download Google PlayStore Apps Directly to PC
How to Backup SMS Messages on Android
Want to backup your text messages? Follow the simple instructions below:
- Download and install SMS Backup & Restore on your Android phone.
- Tap the Backup button to proceed.
- Enter a filename and press OK to proceed. The backup process will start now.
A vibration alert will be given to you alongside with a report which says the backup process has been completed. Now, you have a backup of all of your messages. Then, how to restore them? The following steps will answer you.
How to Restore Text Messages on Android
- Open SMS Backup & Restore.
- Tap the ‘Restore’ button.
- Select the backup file and tap the OK button for the similar restore process to start.
That’s it. Your phone will vibrate when the restore is over and will show you a report.
SMS Backup & Restore App Features:
- Backing up SMS messages in XML format.
- Automatic Backup
- Selected conversation backup
- Directly email backup files.
The Backups are created in XML format. You can convert it to other format and can be viewed on computers or directly email them within the app itself.
If you want to completely backup Android, read our ultimate Android Backup guide.