After choosing Android over iPhone now it is the time to transfer all the existing content to new device. There are several programs available in software market to transfer all the data present in iPhone to Android device. But the most difficult task comes in transferring text messages. Before proceeding any further, in this post we give detailed instructions to transfer all Text messages present in iPhone to new Android device.
The tutorial involves installation of some apps and iTunes Backup file of your iPhone.
How To Transfer iPhone Text Messages SMS To Android Device
- First of all, you have to take a complete backup of your iPhone using Apple iTunes program.
- After successful backup you need to locate the backup file on your computer.
In Windows OS machines: C://[Users]/[Username]/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/Mobile SyncHere you’ll find whole backup file of your iPhone, in that open the most recent backup file and search for the file named: 3d0d7e5fb2ce288813306e4d4636395e047a3d28
In Mac machines: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
You can search the file using Windows Explorer default search box or usin best desktop search engine VoidTools Everything.
- After finding the file transfer it to your Android device SD card folder.
- Now install iSMS2droid (iPhone SMS Import) app on your Android device and open it.
- In the iSMS2droid app UI click on “Select iPhone SMS Database” option.
- Here choose the transferred file step 3 and select it.
- Now click on All option to convert the iPhone SMS backup file to Android recognizable format.
- In the next step install SMS Backup & Restore app to restore the file created in step 7.
- Now open SMS Backup & Restore app and select the XML file created by iSMS2droid app.
- After selecting the XML file click on restore option to restore all old iPhone messages to your new Android device.
That’s it now you can access all old iPhone SMS on your new Android device.