There are numerous situations where you face DLL missing errors. Recently we covered an article on installing DLL file in Windows. We also covered an article on how to fix DLL file issues on Windows. Check them out to have a better idea about the DLL files and their working. To give you a quick idea, DLL files or the Dynamic Link Library is a format used for holding multiple codes and procedures for Windows programs altogether. They often cause issues or also recognized as the DLL errors when a program requires a specific DLL file which is not located on your computer.
The MSVCR120.dll is such an important DLL file that leading to the “MSVCR120.dll is missing from your computer” error in Windows. It normally occurs during some high-end game installations or the software installations. This could be easily fixed by installing the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 which is available directly from the Microsoft website. Normally, the new systems, especially when the windows is not genuine will not have this program installed. So, it should be manually installed by the users in order to run all programs without any compatibility issues. Without wasting your time, here are the steps to solve the problem.
How to Fix MSVCR120.dll is Missing Error
- Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 to fix the MSVCR120.dll problem.
- Select the options that are compatible with your Windows version and proceed the download.
- After the download completes, install it on your computer.
- vcredist_arm.exe could be used for fixing any known issues with the DLLs.
- After installing the program, the MSVCR120.dll is missing from your computer error will be resolved.
Note: The DLL files are extremely useful, but they are also dangerous if downloaded from a nontrustworthy website. So, always be sure to download the files from trusted DLL fixer websites like this one.