A very annoying thing that happens with computer users is the occurring of the message- ‘autorun.dll file not found‘. This is encountered when users try to install or update an application or programme. This error prevents the proper launching of a programme. There are many kinds of autorun.dll error that occur while installing a programme.
Types of autorun.dll error
- Autorun.dll error 0x7e windows 10- this type or error occurs on all windows versions and simple soltuions can fix them.
- Autorun.dll error 0x7e file- if this occurs, check your registry for the solution.
- Autorun.dll file could not be loaded- This error shows while installing a file.
- Autorun.dll missing- autorun.dll file might be sometimes missing from the system. Run a system scan to solve the issue.
- Autorun.dll missing or corrupted- This is a common problem and can be solved by running a system restore.
Fixes for autorun.dll error
- Sometimes the system file may be corrupted and for this use a system file checker tool. You can also fix the issues with the file by running an SFC scan.
- Repair autorun.dll error registry entries. Many times the file might be missing because it could have been shifted from its place. There are many registry cleaning tools which clean your registry errors to make your PC error free. Read our registry cleaning guide for more details.
- You might have accidentally deleted the autorun.dll file. Check the recycle bin if the file still exists.
- The program might be infested by a virus. Use your antivirus along with anti-hacking software to run a full system scan.
- Outdated drivers in the autorun.dll file may cause for the error to occur. Update the system drivers to the latest version can fix this error.
- Get your DVD drives checked to see if a defective DVD drive us causing the problem.
- Open system restore in recovery will allow you to go back to the time your computer was working properly.
- Reinstall your DVD drive to remove any problems with your drivers which might be creating the problem.
These are the quick fixes for the fixing autorun.dll error. I hope this article helps in fixing your autorun.dll file error on windows 10.