You may be faced Xinput1_3.dll is missing error while playing games. It is a common error comes during game play. Many of us just click on “OK” to exit the pop-up and continue the game. Unfortunately, this error doesn’t end by tapping ok. The reason of this error is the missing DirectX 9, which is a most important package in order to run the games on Windows.
By default, Windows 10 does not come with the DirectX 9 installed. You have to download the package manually on your computer. To fix Xinput1_3.dll is missing error follow the below methods.
By Installing DirectX
- When you see this error, just click on “OK” button to temporarily stop the pop-up window.
- Now open the Microsoft website on your PC and download the latest version of the DirectX in the Microsoft depository.
- Now, install the latest version of DirectX downloaded from Microsoft on your PC.
- In the first step of installation, you will require accepting the license agreement.
- After the installation of the program now it is the time to restart the PC.
Now you will have a Xinput1_3.dll error free game experience on your Windows PC. If not, move to the next methods to fix the xinput1_3.dll is missing error.
By Manually Downloading and Placing the Xinput1_3.dll DLL
In most of the cases, installing the latest version of the DirectX package will solve the issue. If it is not, then you could try manually downloading and placing the DLL file in your system. In order to do this, just follow the steps given below.
- Open any of the trusted DLL download sites such as DLL-Files and search for the Xinput1_3.dll
- Download the file from the website (be sure to choose the correct version of your OS)
- Now place the DLL file in the respective location either in your game folder or directly in the system folders as shown below.
C:\Windows\System32(Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10)
- For the 64bit version of Windows OS, the folder for 32-bit DLL-files is
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\, and for 64bit DLL files is
C:\Windows\System32\. So, be sure to choose them wisely.
- After placing the DLL file at the correct location, it is recommended that to restart your PC so that any changes will take effect
- Now, restart your game and check if the problem exists
Check your Game Files Once Again
If you have the game CD or the installation files with you, you could have a second look at the folders one more time. Most of the games come with the required software such as DirectX, OpenGL, VC Redistributables, etc. in order to ensure the complete support of the game. So, if you could find any such software inside the game files, just install them and check if the problem fixed or not.
We hope that any of the above-given methods worked to fix the DLL error on your PC. Be sure to follow them in the same order as we listed. Because it will help you to save some time. If you still can’t fix the problem, do let us know with the required details. We will try our maximum to help you out.