If you have not closed all the programs before shutting down your PC, you will be prompted to choose whether or not to close the programs. You will also observe a button which says “Shutdown anyway”. Do note that this option is often useful and disabling it might cause data corruption. So, make sure you know the risks before doing it.
Now that you know what’s it for – and still want to proceed, that is your wish. if you want to disable that buttons and the auto close program functionality while shutting down, here’s what you need to do:
Steps to disable shutdown anyway prompt and auto close program
- Press Windows + R key to open up the Run dialog box. Once you launch it, type in “regedit” and launch the registry editor.
- Now, you need to navigate through the following path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Control Panel -> Desktop
- Next, you need to check the records on the right side of the window and add a new entry.
- To add a new entry, right-click and then select New->String Value. This will create a new String value in the Registry.
- Type in the name as “AutoEndTasks”.
- Now, you will observe that entry created. Next, double click on that to put the value as “1”.
- Press OK to save the value and close the registry editor.
- Restart your PC and check if the changes have taken place.
Again, we want to warn you that editing the registry can be dangerous if you do not know what you are really doing. So, be careful while following the guide as per your requirements.
You can easily disable shutdown anyway prompt in Windows 10 if you follow the steps mentioned above.
Try it out to see how it works. Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.