While talking about popular platforms and services, we know that each and every one of them has either rolled out dark mode support for their platform or are trying to do the same because people are demanding dark mode which not only helps the content look good and reduce eye strain but also save battery life on their phones.
However, we know that WhatsApp has always been late to the party since its official dark mode for mobile launched just last year. Also, WhatsApp has not yet officially released dark mode support for WhatsApp Web. Another classic example is that WhatsApp is not yet available on iPad and they are delaying its launch for some reason no one knows.
However, we are talking about dark mode for WhatsApp Web and you will be glad to know that it is possible to get the same. Currently, official rollout of the dark mode is not started so we are going to share a temporary workaround with you and it is quite easy to implement as well
How To Enable Dark Mode On WhatsApp Web Without Third-Party Apps
It is possible that the official dark mode for WhatsApp Web might be just around the corner so we can then enable it and disable this workaround. So let’s get started with this method:
- First of all, go to web.whatsapp.com and log in to your WhatsApp account.
- Then right-click anywhere inside WhatsApp Web and click on “Inspect”
- Inside the Inspect window, you have to press Ctrl+F and search for code “body class=web”
- Once the code is found, you will have to double click on the code and modify it to “body class= web dark“. Basically, you have to add space and dark after “body class=web“.
- That’s it, dark mode will be enabled on your WhatsApp Web once you press enter.
Keep in mind that this is not an official version of WhatsApp Web’s dark mode which the company is working. When you refresh the page it will get back to the normal state. You need to do the above steps every time when you refresh or reload the WhatsApp web page on the browser.
Let us know your valuable feedback in the comment section below.