0x8024401c is a common error code usually appear on the Windows update page on your computer. It is an error caused by the registry keys of Windows update and you can easily fix them by running the registry script on your computer.
Before going to proceed the below methods, first, check your Windows is activated or not. The updates are usually not available for non-activated versions of Windows. You can check the activation status by searching “Activation Settings” in the Start menu.
Also, makes sure you have connected to an active Internet connection with sufficient speed. The slow connections will not be able to download the latest Windows updates on your computer.
How To Fix The 0x8024401c Error In Windows 10
Method 1. Create a registry script
By creating a registry script on your computer to change the value will fix the issue.
- Create a new text document by clicking on the empty space of desktop then New->Text Document.
- In the Notepad window, copy and paste these lines.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
- Now, click on “File” in the menu-bar and then click on “Save as“.
- In “Save As” window, name the file as “Regfix.reg” and choose “All Files” from the file type.
- Here, choose a location to save the file on your computer. Here, I have chosen “Desktop” as the file saving location.
- Now, click on “Save” to save the file on your computer.
- Open the saved document on the Desktop by double-clicking on it.
- Now, click on “Merge” to merge it with your original registry.
- If you receive a warning message, just click on “Yes” to run the script on your computer.
- Now, reboot the system to make changes.
Method 2. Modify Registry manually
- Click on the Search box and then type “regedit“.
- Now, open “Registry Editor” from the search results to open it on your computer.
- Inside Registry Editor window, on the left-hand side, navigate to the following location.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > WindowsUpdate
- Now, on the right-hand side, double click on “UseWUServer” to modify it.
- Set the ‘Value Data:‘ to “0“.
- Click on “OK” to save the changes on your computer.
- Now, close Registry Editor window.
That’s it. Your problem should be solved by trying either of these above-given methods. Which method worked for you? Let us know in the comment section below.