We have realized that many people have a habit of changing phones often and while some might change them in a year, others will have a need to change their phones in 6 months or less due to the need of being in touch with technology from different companies.
As far as changing phones is concerned, everything is nice as we can upgrade to a new phone and have better features. But it is a tedious task to transfer the files and data from one phone to another.
What is Google Authenticator?
While the companies are trying to make this process easier, there is still a long way to go on the Android side of things while changing iPhones is somewhat better. However, the biggest task is transferring from an Android to an iOS or vice-versa.
Even if you leave everything on your old phone, there is one app which needs to be transferred and this is the Google Authenticator app which is for 2FA or 2-factor authentication to log in to your device.
Inside this app, you will get a code after entering your password which needs to be entered in order to access your account so that no one without your phone can unlock your account.
Transfer Google Authenticator to a new phone
So here are the steps to move your Google Authenticator to a new phone:
- First of all, the transfer process begins with downloading the app to a new phone.
- Now, sign in to Google Authenticator on your new phone.
- After that, open 2FA page on a computer browser and click on Get Started.
- Scrolling down, you will see the authenticator app and your registered phone.
- Here, you have to click on Change Phone and add your new phone by selecting from “Android” or “iPhone”.
- Now, go to your phone’s authenticator app and begin setup.
- You will see a barcode on your computer which needs to be scanned by your phone.
- Once the barcode is scanned on the phone, click next on the Computer and enter the code which is shown on your phone in the PC.
- Next up, click Verify and your authenticator app has been transferred.
That’s it. It is easy to transfer Google Authenticator from one phone to another. Let us know your valuable feedback in the comment section below.