We have seen that a majority of the people all over the world use Windows and the latest version of this desktop OS by Microsoft is Windows 10. Now, we also know that there are a lot of issues that people face with Windows 10 but everyone has managed to live with them because of their needs. Talking about Windows 10, there are a few tips and tricks regarding the operating system that might not be known to everyone.
For example, we have a new tip which is worth sharing with you regarding the way in which you can disable the desktop icons on your PC automatically. This is something that people who love aesthetics adore because they want their home screen to look clean and this is the best way to do it.
Also, some people would have too many icons on their home screen and instead of deleting them, they find it convenient to just hide them altogether.
There is also a way to manually hide desktop icons with the help of right-clicking anywhere on the home screen and then View > Show Desktop Icons and uncheck the option. But that would not be automatic so we will show you the automated way to do this.
How to automatically hide desktop icons in Windows 10
- Download this app named “AutoHideDesktopIcons” from here.
- Open the app after installing and go to Preferences and disable ‘Hide taskbar‘ option.
- On the right, you will see a list of options on how to show desktop icons which is via left mouse click, middle mouse click, right mouse click etc.
- This means that if you don’t click the mouse buttons, your icons will be disabled.
- You can set the mouse inactivity period inside the software so that it does not take too long to hide icons or doesn’t hide them too frequently.