Facebook is popular for sharing and storing our precious moments on our wall for a lifetime. Sometimes we use camera image direct upload to the Facebook account. In that case, the camera doesn’t store the image to the gallery. The only way to get that important photo is on your Facebook wall.
Recently, Facebook has introduced a feature which lets you move all the Facebook images and clips to Google Photos. It is a pretty much-awaited feature for everyone who wants to store Facebook images on a different cloud platform.
It is a welcoming alternative path to store Facebook image data to a Google platform. Google photos is an interesting and righteous platform to store and manage photos online.
If you are a decade old user of Facebook like me, the time has arrived to transfer Facebook photos to a better image management program.
How to transfer photos and videos from Facebook to Google Photos?
To use the new Facebook media transfer feature, you need the help of a computer. Follow the below steps finish the image transfer job.
- Open Facebook.com on your computer and log in using your credentials.
- Now click on the down arrow at the top right corner of the browser window.
- Here, click on the “Settings” option.
- Now click on Your Facebook Information.
- Here, click on Transfer a copy of your photos and videos.
- Now, Facebook asks you to enter your Facebook password to authorize.
- Click on the drop-down menu, here you will see Choose Destination and select Google Photos.
- Now, choose whether you want to transfer a copy of photos or videos uploaded on your Facebook account.
- Here, you need to sign in to Google to authorize Google Photos.
- After, granting permission by clicking on “Allow”, the setup is completed.
- Now, confirm it once again by clicking allow.
- Once you finish the process, you will get an email from Facebook confirming that the process is complete.
Transferring all the media data from Facebook to Google Photos takes a few minutes time. Just follow the above steps and move the data easily to Google Photos. If you are concerned about the Facebook privacy problems, you can delete the Facebook account after migrating all your personal data.