When it comes to computers, one of the fundamental and most straightforward things to do are Start, Shutdown, and Restart.
In the latest Microsoft Windows 11, there are several different ways to restart your PC in seconds. Usually, when we think of restarting a PC we use a one-way command which you can operate from the start menu at the bottom of our screens.
Today, in this article you are going to learn 5 different ways to restart your Windows 11 PC
How to Restart Windows 11
1. Restart by using the Start Menu Power Button
This is the primary and most common method so mostly everyone uses this process to restart their PC
- Press the Windows key or click the Start Menu on the taskbar
- Next, go to and click the power button in the bottom-right corner of the menu
- A mini menu will pop up next; select Restart from the given options
Now your computer will shut down and start again in a couple of seconds.
2. Restart by using a keyboard shortcut, Alt + F4
This is one of the easiest ways to restart or shut down your Windows 11 PC yet very few people use this method.
Follow the below steps to use it
- First close or minimize all the open windows
- And then go back to the desktop and press Alt + F4
- A window named Shut Down Windows will emerge on your screen. Go to the drop-down menu and select Restart from the options
- Click OK to run the command and restart your PC.
Now the system will continue to restart.
3. Restart by using another keyboard shortcut, Ctrl + Alt + Delete
This is one of the handy ways to restart your PC with just a keyboard shortcut.
- As usual first close all the open tabs on your screen and then,
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete
- A menu will pop up, Now go to the bottom-right corner of the screen and click on the power icon
- Select Restart from the given options
4. Restart by using the Command Line
So far we have used the easy and common ways to restart your windows 11 but there are a few other options to restart your pc but in a lengthy process.
- Press Windows or Start Menu key
- Type Terminal in the search box and open the suitable result
- In the command prompt mini window, type shutdown -r and press Enter
- After the warning message that pops up next, click Close and then it will begin to Restart your PC.
Now it is going to begin shutting down and boot up your Windows 11 PC
5. Restart by using Start Context Menu
Now let’s talk about a hidden power user menu to restart your PC
- Right-click the Start Menu or Windows icon on your taskbar
- Alternatively, press the Windows key + X
- In the context menu that flows over the Start menu icon, click on Shut Down or Sign Out
- Next, select Restart from the given options
So that’s how you do it !!
By now you must be surprised by looking at all these extra options. This will be a very useful guide for anyone who is using Windows 11 on their PC. You can try out all these different approaches at least once just to have an alternative option in your mind whenever you need to restart your PC.
These methods can be very useful when you experience any screen freezes or any other kind of trouble on your PC or you can just use these to flex your tech skills when you are with your buddies.