When I travel to distinct places my perfect companion is my Android device. Most of us use Google Maps to explore new routes, finding a place and live traffic status.Google Maps is a great solution for finding the known and unknown routes while you travel. To use Google Maps in a phone; you need a working Internet connection to load maps. In some places, we neither have a WiFi connection nor a mobile data. In some countries like India, the mobile data also charges very high and not possible every time to avail. To overcome this situation Google maps offline navigation is the only solution. Google launches offline feature for the maps recently. Google Maps offline is a solution for the situation. This simple guide will show you how to use Google Maps offline on Android device.
How To Use Google Maps Offline On Android Device
- To get started using Google Maps Offline feature first, you need to connect the device with a data connection.
- Next, open the Google maps on your device.
- Search for your desired location on the search box and hit enter. Or you can search the location by drag and zoom features on the display.
- After clicking on entering, it will load the map route.
- Now at the bottom of the screen, you’ll see the location name and tap on the name.
- Here you’ll see “Save map to use offline” option, tap on it to save.
- Now it will ask you to “Save the map? Pan and zoom to adjust. If you want any adjustments to your map, adjust here.
- Now click on save option to save the map.
- That’s it; now you can access your saved maps offline by going to your Google Maps profile page>Offline maps.
There is some limitation in the Google Maps offline feature when you save the map offline it requires some storage on your Android device. The size depends on the location you selected with zoom levels. Some maps of a city will take more than 1GB of space on your device. Google will store the offline maps for 30 days and after they may delete automatically.
Related Google Articles:
- 10 Hidden Features of Google which Makes you WOW
- Alternatives of Google Maps You Must Try
- How To Download Google Chrome Full Standalone Offline Installer