Windows 8 is an advanced operating system for PCs and Laptops. But unfortunately, Windows 8 doesn’t have any backup program to backup apps. You have to depend on manual steps to backup Windows 8 apps. Windows 8 Apps Data Backup allows users to easily create backups of their Windows 8 applications, and to restore them if the computer crashes. This trick is pretty easy to do, please follow steps to start.
Note: It requires .NET Framework 4.5 on your system.
Very easy to use and well suited for beginners, Windows 8 Apps Data Backup will not require installation and can be deployed directly, even from a portable storage device. The program has only two buttons which correspond to the main functions, namely that of creating backups and restoring the saved data.
How to Backup apps in Windows 8
- Download the Windows 8 Apps data backup program.
- Open the program
- Click on “Backup” tab.
- It shows running apps list. “Select all” to backup all apps. or You can pick your selected apps.
- Click on “Backup now.”
- By default, the Windows 8 Apps Data Backup program backs up app data as ZIP format.
- Depending on the number of apps, this can take few minutes to complete.
How to Restore apps in Windows 8
After backing up the apps, once you need to restore them on the current PC or other ones, just follow the simple steps given below.
- To restore just simply click on “Restore” tab.
- Select the apps you want to restore, and then click “Restore Now.”
- The restore process will take longer than the backup.
That’s it. Now you can backup and restore your favorite apps in Windows 8.
Windows 8 Apps Data Backup is a pretty useful program for everyone who uses Apps in Windows 8. If you are facing any struggle while backup and restoring process, please feel free to ask query or feedback using the comment box below.