What is a smartwatch? A watch is capable of doing all smart things on your wrist. After the introduction of smartwatch’s many companies started manufacturing watch’s with new smart features. We have covered a number of Smartwatch’s for our readers in the past. Most expensive brands and models cost $300, $700, or even up to a thousand dollars.
The Oukitel A28 has manufactured a refreshingly slim designed smartphone with cutting edge hardware. The slim and sleek design is attractive and very comfortably fits on your wrist.
Oukitel A28 Review: Build Quality & Features
Coming to design and build quality, the A28 is considerably nicer than many other wearables. The design is very stylish and the watch finish is simply awesome.The Oukitel A28 isn’t trying to be basic smartwatch. It has a 1.54-inch, IPS display; MTK2502 Processor; a 128MB RAM; 32MB internal memory and a 250mAh battery with 100 hours standby time.
Design wise the company maintained a good aesthetics, the watch gives a premium look with a genuine leather band. The dial is in a rectangle shape and comes in Gold and silver colors. The rear panel packs a charging sensor and soft stainless steel panel.
Coming to other hardware the watch packs a Sedentary reminder, Heart Rate monitor, Sleep monitor and pedometer. If you are a fitness-oriented person you can take the advantage of the A28 by replacing your traditional watch. It shows all the required data of your sleeping and running habits on the go. You don’t require any other fitness band, this watch is an all round performer.
It’s easily the most impressive phone available under $60, which not lets you compromise on the performance. The display is bright, perfectly visible in direct sunlight, has great color contrast, and is just a pleasure to look at.
The viewing angles are also good on the display and we don’t have complained in this aspect. Even a smartwatch must obey the traditional watch rule, to check the time on the watch just raise your hand to activate the screen. The overall look, grip and feel of the watch on your wrist is good. The additional feature the watch packs is water resistance.
The call quality on the watch was decent and we didn’t notice any issues with calls. The device packs a 250mAh battery, it gives a good battery life in normal usage which includes calls.
MTK2502 chip and Bluetooth 4.0: The fusion of advanced MTK2502 chip and Bluetooth 4.0
• Heart rate monitor: Adopt the same sensor as iWatch, can accurately measure the heart rate.
• Dial / Message / Contacts sync: Can sync dial, SMS, and contacts, so you can check this information.
• Pedometer / Sleep monitoring / Sedentary reminder: Your health assistant, A28 will track your sports, monitor your sleep.
• Remote camera / music: Control your smartphone to take photos and play music.
• Information push: Push instant information: Facebook, Twitter, Skype, message, Wechat and so on.
• Raise up the hand to light up screen: You just need to gently flip your hand, then the screen will light up.
• Non-air-gap IPS screen: HD IPS Non-air-gap screen gives you an entirely new sensory experience.
• Life water resistance: You can wear it to wash hands.
After having used the Oukitel A28, we can easily say it is a great watch for the pricing with good performance, good design, and build. If you are looking for an affordable all-rounder in smartwatch’s category, this watch is our best advice to you.
The Oukitel A28 watch is currently on sale for $9.90. The sale is offered by Gearbest, you can grab the watch at the lowest price at a particular time, after the time you can get it for $39.99.