WhatsApp, an app available for almost all mobile platforms don’t need any special introduction. It is a very popular messaging app available for Android, iOS, Windows Phone, and Blackberry running without any ads. This article is created for those who are getting errors while installing or while using the WhatsApp.
Check out these Whatsapp Articles:
- How to Backup Chat Messages in WhatsApp
- An Easy Way To Install WhatsApp On Your PC/Laptop
- How To Install Two WhatsApp Apps In A Mobile
Errors are are common for apps. It is a most common issue we get for some apps during installations, activation’s or during usage. WhatsApp is also one of them. Few of our readers asked about their WhatsApp errors. Now I’m writing this article for Thetechhacker audience to let them fix almost all errors they face during the Whatsapp installation or during the usage. Let’s get into the article to solve your WhatsApp errors.
1. Can’t install WhatsApp
If you are facing problems in even installing Whatsapp, realize that it needs the Android version 2.1 or higher to install Whatsapp. You can check the Android version by going to Settings > About Phone.
If you are sure that you have the compatible Android version, check if the Unknown Sources enabled in your security settings. For this Go to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources. If it is disabled, activate it.
2. WhatsApp Activation Code Error
It is pretty bad when we get the error during installation. Many people get this basic error when they are trying to install WhatsApp on their mobile.
This error raises due to the wrong country code or network issue problem. After installation, the app asks to enter your mobile number. But before the number entry box, you’ll see country code option. For most of the mobile by default, it starts with the manufacturing country code. If you are using an imported mobile, there are some chances to see a different country code by default.
So, use the correct country code. For example, if you are activating an Indian number, use +91 as country code. Do like that for the correct country.
3. Can’t Connect to WhatsApp
If you are not able to connect to Whatsapp, you should check the following things,
- Install the latest version of the Whatsapp from the Play Store.
- Check if your internet connection, Wi-Fi or 3G is working fine.
- If you are using a Task Killer app, make sure that it isn’t affecting WhatsApp.
- Empty the app cache by going to Settings > Applications > WhatsApp > Clear Cache.
- If you are still not able to connect to Whatsapp, Uninstall and then reinstall it.
If still, the problem is there, it may be a server down of the Whatsapp. You can check it by going to their website or the FB and Twitter pages. They will update if any problems to their servers.
4. WhatsApp not Recognizing Contacts
If Whatsapp not recognizing your contacts, check the following things,
- Make sure that the numbers are correct.
- Make sure that they are using WhatsApp in the given number.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of Whatsapp installed on your smartphone.
- Check if any settings or apps blocking Whatsapp from accessing contacts.
- Check the Whatsapp app permissions are set to access your contacts. (You can check this from ‘App Manager’ in Settings).
5. Can’t add International Contacts in WhatsApp
If you need to add your boss in the USA by staying in India, facing difficulties? For this, you just have to add the country code before the number you are adding. For example, if you want to add a person in the USA, you just have to add +1 before the number. If he wants to add you, he has to add +91 before your number. That’s it, and you will get the contact in your Whatsapp.
6. Can’t Block Contacts in WhatsApp
If you need to block a person from the messaging you, Go to the conversation with that person and tap the options button (the three dots at the top right corner), tap More and then tap Block. Now, that person will be blacklisted, and you will no longer receive messages from him. You can block as many persons as you like.
Once you wanted to Unblock them, you can do that by choosing the Unblock option from the same Blocking steps.
7. How to Hide Last Seen Timestamp in WhatsApp?
Go to Settings > Account > Privacy. Then, tap Last Seen and select Nobody from the options. Now, nobody can see the last time you had WhatsApp open. Remember that, enabling this option will also block you from seeing the timestamp of your contacts also.
8. How to pay for WhatsApp?
No need anymore. Whatsapp is completely free now.
9. How to Stop Friends from Knowing that I’ve read their Messages?
To stop friends from knowing that you’ve read their messages, just Go to Settings > Account > Privacy > Read Receipts. Then change the settings.
Note: If you enable this option, you will also be blocked from knowing the time that your friends have read your messages. Only activate it if you are OK with this.
10. How to disable Media auto-download in WhatsApp?
Media Auto-Download feature is a great feature of thWhatsapppp that will save a ton of touches to download all the media files. But, if you are using a limited internet connection, it won’t that much sweet to have this features enabled. So, to disable this feature, Go to Settings > Chats and calls > Media auto-download. Then configure the settings as you like it to be.
Note that the Voice messages are still downloaded automatically. But, no worries as the file size will be very small when compared to the Photos and Videos.
11. Date and time Inaccurate Problem
If Whatsapp showing the Date and Time Inaccurate message when trying to open it, it might be the problem of you date and time in the smartphone. If you are sure that the date and time are correct, then it is the time to update your Whatsapp to the latest available version.
These are the most common errors and problems found by our readers. We hope, this guide helped you to solve your problems with the Whatsapp installation and usage. If you have any other problems, feel free to leave a comment. You can download the latest version of Whatsapp from the following link.