So, it must be one of those days when you were trying to turn on your PC and get some official work done and all of a sudden, you realize you forgot your password. You immediately tried to remember all the passwords and tried entering all the possible passwords that you have used before and nothing seem to work at all. This can be such a devastating and stressful moment since forgetting your own computer password will prevent you to access any files or document contained on your system.
Thankfully, after trying many tricks and tools, we have come up with few solutions of our own that could resolve this issue and will help you to reset your Windows 10 password. Although the latest Windows 10 operating system does come up with tons of amusing features it does fails when it comes to compromising privacy and security settings.
In this short tutorial, we will share few methods that will help you to bypass Windows 10 login password so that you can access your computer normally again.
Method #1: Reset Windows 10 password by recovering Microsoft Account Credentials
If that’s the case, then resetting Microsoft account password is super easy. But do remember that changing your own Microsoft account password will automatically modify the password for all Microsoft Services such as Hotmail, Outlook, Xbox, OneDrive and other services. Anyways, here are the steps to reset Microsoft account password:
- Head on to https://account.live.com/password/reset using an accessible working computer or a decent smartphone with an internet connection using your favorite browser.
- Check on “I Forgot My Password” and click “Next”.
- Enter your email or phone number that is linked to your Microsoft account and hit next.
- Choose how you would like to receive a one-time security code. (You can either choose email or phone number to receive the code).
- Enter the code on the prompted page and click “Next”.
- Setup a new password for your Microsoft account and hit next.
- Now turn on your locked computer and input the new password to access your computer normally.
- Only works if you have setup Microsoft as your default account type.
- Won’t work with local account users.
- Failed method if you don’t remember your own Microsoft email or phone number.
- Continuously failed login may cause Microsoft to lock your account permanently.
Method #2: Reset Windows 10 Password using Windows Password Recovery Pro
The beloved and well-known iSeePassword team managed to develop a decent and perfect Windows password recovery program called Windows Password Recovery that helps to reset Windows 10 password with only a few clicks. It helps to reset forgotten passwords in all Windows versions including Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista, etc. The program is very straightforward to use and can be implemented by any kind of user. Learn how to use iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery to reset Windows 10 password.
- Download iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery Pro on a distinct computer with administrator privileges and install it on the primary disk.
- Launch the program to see the main interface of the software and insert an empty 1 GB flash drive to the computer.
- Let the program detect your flash drive automatically and select the name of your flash drive from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click on “Begin Burning” to start transferring all the necessary password reset files onto the flash drive and wait until the data is burned successfully.
- Insert the flash drive on the locked computer and reboot your system using the flash drive.
- Wait until the Windows Password Recovery program is loaded on the startup screen.
- From “Select a Window” choose the operating system version that you are using and from the “Select a User” section, choose the locked username for which you wish to reset the password.
- Finally, click on “Reset Password” and wait patiently until the unlocking process is finished successfully.
- Now, reboot your computer and access your PC normally just like before. You may now relax and relish the moment.
See how easy it is to reset Windows 10 password using. It is assured that no data loss will occur using these processes and it is totally safe to unlock both administrator and local user accounts. It doesn’t matter how complex password is used to encrypt your computer; Windows Password Recovery can destroy any kind of password from the welcome screen. Hopefully, you guys enjoyed and were able to unlock your computer using iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery Pro or other methods listed above.