If you are using the internet on daily basis, you’ve probably come across the term called MAC address. MAC stands for Media Access Control and this is a 12-character address that’s here to give you some info about the particular hardware you’re using. That being said, every hardware and every device has a UNIQUE MAC address which you can find out pretty easily. Have we mentioned how you can find your MAC address on your Android phone? Well, if we didn’t, now it’s the time to do so. Below are several methods you can use and they are very simple.
Find Mac Address of an Android Smartphone
Since these methods often don’t include any specific workflow and options to be put into work, we’ll just stick to Method 1, 2, 3, etc. So, the first method is basically the easiest, making it easy to utilize in every possible condition and time limit. I mean, why would you have the time limit? Nevermind… the steps are below.
- Open your app drawer (menu).
- Tap on Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on About Phone option.
- Now, on almost every Android phone, the sub-option called Status is the first option in About Phone tab. Tap on Status.
- Here, you can see your WiFi MAC Address if you scroll down a little bit.
- You can now copy this address or use it the way you want or need it.
For Android Tablets
I know many of you have an Android tablet which is ALMOST the same as the smartphone. However, if you use an Android tablet, you can find out your MAC address, too! Let’s review the steps below.
- Tap the Menu key on your home screen, or simply use the method that’s suitable for your tablet to open your Menu.
- Now, tap on Settings.
- Scroll all the way down and find the option called About Tablet or About Device. Of course, tap on it.
- Here, you’re also going to find an option called Status. Tap on the aforementioned option.
- You can now see your WiFi MAC address.
In this method, we are going to take a look at how you can see your MAC address directly from the WiFi settings. Alongside the first one, this is probably the easiest method on our list. The steps are below.
- Open the Menu.
- Tap on Settings.
- Now, choose Wireless and Network.
- Find the WiFi Settings and select the option.
- Here, you’ll see your unique MAC address.
If you use an Android device, you know that this OS is popular mostly because of its simplicity and ease of use. With that in mind, I have zero doubt you’ll have any problems with our simple and straightforward guide. Finding a MAC address was never this easy and fun, isn’t it? Be sure to try every step from our list because the more you know… well, the better it is! Also, have a look at our articles on finding Mac addresses of Windows, Ubuntu, Mac.