Currently, some Windows 10 users are plagued with an error saying that there is no network profile on this device. The network profile is used by many devices such as printers, scanners etc to remain in the same network as the PC. Now, the network error means that there is no connection between the devices which is an issue. Therefore, we are here to tell you how to solve this error if you are facing the same.
Fix Windows 10 doesn’t have a network profile for this device error
Solution 1 – Update Windows
- First step is to check whether you are up-to-date with the latest version of Windows 10 or not. Because there are fixes to issues in latest Windows updates which we may be unaware about.
- If the Windows is up-to-date then go to Settings > Updates and Security > Troubleshoot. After that, click on Network adapter and see if the problem gets fixed by the system itself.
Solution 2 – Allow your PC to be discoverable
- Open the Start menu on Windows 10 and go to the Settings.
- Go to Network and Internet > WiFi
- Click on the current network that you are connected to. For example, it could be a WiFi network as well
- Click on it and change its network profile to Private instead of Public.
- Apply this changes on your PC and close the Settings.
- Restart the PC and you will notice that the issue has now been solved.
- You will no longer get this error on your Windows 10 PC after following this procedure so make sure to do this at the earliest.
This issue occurs only when we connect an external device such as a printer, scanner but there is no issue if we are connecting any keyboard or mouse. Therefore, this issue will arise on very few Windows devices out there but it is still good to know that there is a solution to this and it is also easy to apply.