MS Office is a hot favourite for everyone who is related to business and education. This 25004 error in MS Office usually occurs when a user is trying to enter the product key after a trial period.
If you see “Product Key You Entered Cannot Be Used On This Machine Error 25004 In MS Office” follow the below steps to fix the issue.
Here are the detailed steps to solve the 25004 error on your computer.
Method 1: Empty Temp Folder
The temp folder contains the unwanted temporary files created by our actions on Windows. These temporary files sometimes conflict with the new installations and cause these kinds of errors. Emptying the temporary folder from the system can solve the error.
- Press the Windows+R key on your computer. It will launch the Run program.
- Now, in the Run terminal, type %temp% and hit on the enter.
- It will open a temporary file folder on your computer.
- Now, click on Ctrl+A select all the files and folders present on the temp folder and press the “Delete” key to empty the folder.
Now try to install the MS Office again on your computer. If the problem still persists, proceed to the next method.
Method 2: Registry tweaking
The registry is the database for Windows computers where it stores all the vital information such as device drivers, product keys, etc. If the existing keys conflict with the new Office installation on your computer then this type of error occurs. Modifying the registry will solve the 25004 error in MS Office.
- Click on the start menu and type “Regedit” and hit enter to open the registry on your computer.
- Now, click on “File” and then click on “Export” to take a backup of the entire registry. It is a safety step to prevent the data loss if any error happened during the fix.
- Now, open the below path in the registry.
- Now, right-click on the “Office” and click on “Delete” to delete the folder from the registry.
- Next, open this path on the registry.
- Now again, right-click on the “Office” and click on “Delete” to delete the folder from the registry.
- Navigate to the below path.
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\Current Version\AppCompatFlags
- Now, right-click on it and delete the “AppCompatFlags”
- Now close the registry window and restart the PC and try to install a fresh copy of the MS Office.
By using the above two methods you can fix the “Product Key You Entered Cannot Be Used On This Machine Error 25004 In MS Office” error on Windows.
Let us know which method worked for you in the comment section below.