Timing is important while you post something on a social media platform. No, there’s no restriction on it. However, if you know the best time to post on Instagram, you would have the maximum potential reach (with a maximum number of likes and more chances of boosting your Instagram followers).
If you want your post to be seen by all of your friends or you would want it to go viral the next day, then you will have to figure out the right time to post on Instagram.
So, how do you know what is the best time to post on Instagram? Do you need to consider the location you are in? Do you need to consider the location of your targeted audience? Well, there are actually a lot of factors which might influence the best potential reach.
Note: There’s no fixed time mentioned by a marketing pundit which would turn the tables. You’ll have to figure it out considering the factors and suggestions mentioned.
The Factors You Need To Know To Figure Out The Best Time to Post on Instagram
- Timezone: Obviously, Timezone matters. At least, if your targeted audience includes people not belonging to your country, you need to be careful about timezones. You will have to compare the time zones to know what time would lead to a common off-hour time in all the countries you want to target. Of course, you do not want to post something amazing in the work hours (unless your targeted people are teens – with no work hours). If the targeted audience’s location is the country you are at. You do not need to consider any kind of time zones. But, rather figure out the general work-hours in your country. Accordingly, pick the best time to post on Instagram.
- Genre: You’ve got to figure out the category of the post. Is it a post that needs parental guidance? Is it a post targeted for adults? Is it a post targeted for teen users on Instagram? Narrowing down the category of your post would help you focus on a particular audience, which then requires you to investigate about the time that category of posts for your audience works the best.
Additional Tips To Help You Know The Best Time To Post On Instagram
- Experiment & Track: If you are serious about increasing the reach of your Instagram posts or to boost the follower’s count, you need to keep experimenting your posts regularly. And, with the help of your account summary, you need to track the best time your post reached the maximum number of audience.
- Schedule / Get Reminded: Let us face it! You can’t always post right on the time you expected! So, better schedule them to not miss the time you thought of posting on Instagram. Unfortunately, Buffer does not allow third-party applications to post on your behalf. So, with an app like Buffer, you can be reminded of the time before you need to post it. In the worst case, you don’t need an app like Buffer, simply put a reminder/alarm which would help you post on Instagram at the best time.
- Weekends/Weekdays: Weekends or weekdays could be your day to grab the opportunity. It might be the best time to post on Instagram. But, make sure that there isn’t a special occasion/festival on that day. It’ll be a miss if you try posting on a weekend but yet on a festive day.
Now that you know the factors that affect the best time to post on Instagram. You’ll want to consider and analyze them for yourself and finally pick the best time to post on Instagram for your targeted audience.
Do you have a tip to add to this article? Let us know in the comments below.